* The Handyman was chained to a wall, his lower half of his face in a muzzle.
His arms where tied against his shell to keep him from lashing out.
He scanned his wild blue eye at Mal, manically giggling.*
" Rishy likes to see you aaaaaggggaaaaaiiinnn!"
* The giggles tapered into wracked sobs.*
" Mal….I’m sorry…..I’m so sorry…."
* Rishy’s strength blossomed enough for him to awaken and see the infection spread. The beast also healed, but was still unconscious. Rishy had to act fast, or else.*
Mal rubbed at her eyes, trying to look up at the doppleganger and tried to catch her breath.
"Both… share…. the hurt…" she tried to say. "Can’t… kill him…. or you die too…. so…. what now?"
" Freeze him alive. Keep him alive but paralyzed. If we are stronger, we free him…and maybe resort to surgery to calm him down for good."
"…how?" Mal asked, finally able to open her good eye slightly to look at the double. "…can you? I can’t…"
* Rishy nodded.* ” Do you want to….say goodbye? I know he’s horrible….but he’s what I am without friends or family.”
Mal nodded, carefully clambering up to her feet and taking the double’s face into her hands. “I’m so sorry…. you’re going through this.” She said softly. “Hum is…. the Hum here is safe… and happy. M-Maybe when you’re better…. you can see him. Until then…. just sleep a while…”
* He managed to open his eye slightly, the pupil contracting and unfocused.* ” Nightmare….trapped with nightmares…” * With that, Rishy unleashed his Old Man Winter. The double froze solid into a statue.*
Mal lowered her head sadly, then collapsed again, her vision fading. The shock was fading and the adrenaline rush left her feeling weak and disoriented.
"…Rishy? Rishy, where are you?"